http://canada.blog.my Rotating Header Image

How long does it take for the effects of alcohol to kick in?

6 Comments

1. w34p0n2m4n says:

It takes a half hour for the stomach to metabolise alcohol. So, one half hour after you swallow alcohol it will start to enter your bloodstream. It’s that simple.

Now, how much blood you have will directly influence your blood alcohol level. The more blood, the more alcohol it takes to raise your BAL to intoxication levels.

Also, your body produces certain chemicals that counteract the effects of alcohol. Being on some kinds of medication can raise your levels of those chemicals and it will take more alcohol to get you drunk.

Once the alcohol is in your blood your body metabolises it out at a constant rate. If that rate is slower than your rate of consumption you will get drunker. There is no such thing as sweating it out or sobering up instantly.

2. Jacuzzi Lover says:

All depends on ones body weight.

3. wigglemommyof3 says:

It really is different for everyone.
    Have you ever drank b4
    Your weight
    If you have eaten

4. bopsy says:

If i go out for a night it kicks in after a couple of hours but im not too good the next day, sensitive stomach!

5. mcrlover1309 says:

Well, for me it doesn’t take long at all. But I am just a 15-year-old girl who weighs 135 pounds. I am a lightweight. It depends on how often you drink, and how much. And the proof/percent of the drink. If its just a couple of beers, you wouldn’t really get drunk. The hard stuff kicks in faster though. But then again, what do I know? I am a minor….I don’t drink… ;)

6. Joycee says:

It depends on what you ar drinking, your body weight and if you are eating or not.

Example..No food, Coke and Rum Drink, Weight approx 140 pounds….Feel it in 20 mintues.